Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, September 12, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Week of September 12



I love this time of year. Although here, in our part of Texas, the weather hasn't shown even the slightest sign of turning, the word "September" puts me in a whole new frame of mind. I start thinking of changing leaves, pumpkins (obviously I have an active imagination!) and heartier meals. 

Last week brought good news and bad news. The good news is my husband got a start date for returning to work after being on leave while caring for his mom after her stroke and we made it through our hectic schedule alive (!).

The bad news is I fell short when it came to following my menu plan...wait! Silver lining alert! That means I don't have to work quite as hard this week to come up with my plan! Here goes...I'll be sure to post some new recipes as my schedule allows this week.

Happy eating and have a blessed week!

Monday

Breakfast - Sausage rolls, juice
Lunch - Grilled apple, bacon and peanut butter sandwiches
Dinner - Sausage and pepper kebabs with Parmesan risotto

Tuesday

Breakfast - Bagel breakfast sandwiches
Lunch - Asian chicken noodle salad
Dinner - Italian stuffed flank steak, mashed potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash

Wednesday

Breakfast - Ham, cheese and spinach quiche
Lunch - Taco burgers, salad and fruit
Dinner - Stuffed muffaletta sandwiches, chips, raw veggies (we have a long evening of dance lessons so we'll pack this to take along)

Thursday 

Breakfast - Fruity breakfast shakes
Lunch - Croque monsieur and homemade veggie chips
Dinner - Cajun chicken pasta, green beans, salad

Friday

Breakfast - Blueberry waffles, bacon
Lunch - Hotdogs, tater tots, yogurt
Dinner - Family Fun Night! Homemade deep dish pizza and root beer floats

Saturday

Breakfast - Cinnamon rolls, fruit and coffee milk
Dinner - Taco ring, corn and black beans

Sunday 


Our church knows the way to get a teenager out of bed early on a Sunday morning is to feed them so most of our kids get a full breakfast when we arrive. The rest of us enjoy the kolaches, donuts, hot chocolate and coffee the church so graciously provides.

Dinner - Crock pot beef burgundy with egg noodles, glazed carrots

1 comment:

  1. Your menu plan looks great! I wish our church provided breakfast...that would make things a lot easier on Sunday mornings :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!